Who We Are
In 1982, Jim Stone, former insurance commissioner for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, had a vision for the future.
He would form a new kind of auto insurance company - one that would:
- Define a new, higher standard of customer service for the industry;
- Establish deeper, more productive relationships with its independent agents;
- Provide an unusually rewarding workplace for creative, empowered employees; and
- Develop a new generation of technological and analytical tools for every aspect of the business.
Today, Plymouth Rock Assurance is a thriving business that takes pride in delivering more than just insurance — we deliver the added assurance of great value, ease, service and innovation. Our approach has made our agents and policyholders among the most loyal in the industry.
Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies which together write and manage over $1 billion in annual automobile and homeowners’ insurance premiums. Plymouth Rock Assurance is rated "A-/Excellent" for financial strength by the A.M. Best Company, the industry's premier rating service.
The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies includes:
- Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation and Bunker Hill Insurance in Massachusetts and Connecticut
- Bunker Hill Insurance Casualty Company in Massachusetts
- Pilgrim Insurance Company in Massachusetts
- Mt. Washington Assurance Corporation in New Hampshire
- Plymouth Rock Management Company of New Jersey